Morning, besties...
It's Tuesday, the time for English day. Wow, it's so frightening actually because I can't write well in English 😁. I've been teaching English for more than 20 years, but my writing skill is not so good. Oh, too bad 😓.
But, I'm a tough learner (I hope so 😇), I'll keep on try and try until I can do that.
So, I hope you don't mind today I'll try to compose my thoughts in English.
My writing today will reveal my flashback moments, the first time I fell in love with English.
Long time ago, when I was in elementary school grade six, my dad had a tape cassette. Yes, that rectangular thing with two eyes on it hehe.
That was Brian Adams album. Yup, my dad is a music addict. That's why he named us, me and my siblings with music names, (I'll tell you later about our names hehe)
Back to Brian Adams album. He played it almost everyday, even every hour. And do you know what is the hit song from that album? That's right, it's his legend song "Everything I do, I do it for you".
I fell in love with that song. I listened to it. I memorized the lyric. I sang that song with my dad. what a beautiful memory!
Since that moment, I addicted with English song. I listened to Air Supply-Goodbye, Leonel Richi-Hello, Sting, and don't forget the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. His legend songs still resound in my head, Black and White, Heal The World, Beat It. I also listen to Queen's songs with my dad, Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, Somebody to Love, Love of My Life ..... (Those songs are playing in my head right now hahah).
At that moment, I really enjoyed listen to the melody and those strange lyrics. Although, I know some of the lyric contents are not appropriate for kids. But, I didn't understand at that time.
All, I know after listening to that song, I like English, I want to learn English, and I wanna be an English singer hahaha 😂. Yup, at that time I didn't think I wanna be a teacher. I wanna be singer or musician who write and sing English song.
Time goes by, I still love English song. When I was in my high school, I listen to Diva of Pop just like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and also my most fav diva, Celine Dion. Yes, I adore her voice. So unique and powerful. My fav song of Celine is To Love You More, because it was violin melody on it.
I also listened to teenagers diva, just like Britney, Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson and Avril Lavigne, (btw, Avril is a rock diva hehe).
And don't forget the boyband. Wow, 90's is American boyband era. BSB, Nsync, 98 Degrees, Westlife and some indies boyband.
I love listened to English song although I didn't understand the lyrics at that time.
Time goes by, my understandings of every stage of life getting better. and then I change my mind, I don't wanna be a singer anymore. Though my hobby is still doing some karaoke in my room hahaha .
Then, I entered education faculty in a college and that was my first step to be an English teacher.
Yup, that was my unforgettable moments the first time I interacted with English.
I always have a dream, one day I can visit English countries, just like US, UK, Canada, and any other countries. And I also have a dream to continue my study to master degree to broaden my skill in English. I also have a dream to have an English course. Yas, those are my future dreams dealing with English. I don't know how to realize them, but I'll try and try also pray and pray, until Allah give me His Best Plan.
Okay, my dears, I think enough for today.
Don't forget tomorrow the Sundanese day, hihihi, so, stay tune 😎😎
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar